Perform a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans. Adequate delivery of materials to construction sites and manufactures' locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of duties involving transportation and delivery of goods.
- May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor or fleet mechanic
- Keep interior of vehicle clean and free of hazards.
- Remove any items on vehicle dash to insure a clear range of vision.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, one (1) year relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving skills.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to walk on un-level surfaces.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization.
- Ability to pass all medical evaluations relevant to the required Department of Transportation certification.
- Ability to pass urine screens for drug use.
- Ability to read and comprehend written directions or road maps.
Works under the general supervision of the General Manager.
Responsibility for Public Contact
Daily contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment.
Licincing and Certification
Valid CDL License and/or DOT certification as required based on the level of vehicle being operated.
Tools and Equipment Used
Delivery trucks, forklift, pickup truck, utility truck, common hand and power tools, mobile radio, telephone, and hand tools used in the maintenance of vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and poor driving conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field or warehouse.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.